Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Saving at Rite-Aid

Some things I noticed & learned today at RiteAid:

  • Wellness+ program: This is a good program to be in - you earn 1 point for every $1 you spend. If you get more than 250 points, you become a Bronze member and more than 500 points in a year, you become a Gold member. With Bronze & Gold membership, you get 10% off Rite-Aid products and 10% off everything in the store. With Gold membership, you also get a reward which you can redeem within 90 days. I noticed on my bill when I left Rite-Aid that I had 199 points accumulated already. By the end of the year, if I can get another 49 points, I will get 10% off RiteAid products all through the next year. 
  • I had bought some princess band-aids for my daughter in RiteAid. I noticed online in Amazon that they were a little expensive and some sellers had it for $5.99 and the cheapest I found online was for $2.99 at a few places (and Amazon was not the cheapest since I would have had to pay for shipping when it was $2.99). In Rite-Aid, the price was $4.79 but with Wellness+ program, it was 2/$6 - which comes to about $3 per packet. So in the end, the price was almost the same but if I did not have the Wellness+ card or did not buy 2, I would have had to pay more. 
It always pays to do some research.