Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Controlling spending

Last month, I exceeded my shopping budget by a big amount and this month, I'm already over shopping budget. And over the last few days, I've been fighting an urge to shop for clothes for my daughter.

She's outgrown all her pajamas and night clothes. She needs new clothes and there were some pretty good deals online. I kept looking online and pushing items to cart but am resisting the urge to spend the money right now. I also put on some weight over the last year and need some bigger clothes - my old clothes don't fit me well especially my work clothes.

I know these are needed and maybe I'll end up buying some anyway. But I don't want to use this as an excuse and buy a ton of other stuff not needed right now.

Any tips on how to stop myself from shopping?