Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Comparison of Costco vs Amazon

We've been shopping at Costco for quite a few years and recently I've found myself shopping quite a lot at Amazon online through Subscribe & Save.

So while on a recent trip to Costco, I decided to compare the prices of some essential items which I bought in Costco to their online prices. These items might be cheaper at other stores with coupons and other deals but I just chose to compare the two that I shop most frequently at.

The items that I compared prices for are:

ClearCare lens solution
Amazon Price: $26.29
Costco Price: $17.89

Philips Sonicare e-series brush heads:
Amazon Price: $56.99
Costco Price: $39.99 after $10 coupon

Dove Sensitive Bar Soap:
Amazon Price: $12.39 for 16 count after Subscribe & Save 20% discount
Costco Price: $15.99

Finish dishwasher tablets:
Amazon Price: $9.71 for 90 count (10.78 cents per count) after 20% subscribe & save and coupon
Costco Price: $11.49 for 110 count (10.45 cents per count) after coupon


At the end, for most of the items, Costco worked out to be cheaper except for the Dove soap. This surprised me because for some reason, I expected Amazon to be cheaper. I'm happy I ended up buying the items in Costco and now I can feel good about it too.